Saturday, March 10, 2007

Happy 16th Birthday Jessie


It's my daughter Jessie's 16th birthday today! My baby girl! As every mother asks, "where did the years go?" She is a beautiful, artistic and easy-going young women. As an infant she was the perfect textbook baby, which was such a blessing and a relief from her colicky, twin brother's three and a half years earlier.

Jessie was born to be an artist, she is always creating something! I feel at times she is Mary's daughter, not mine! She loves to draw, paint, color (yes, she asked for a new box of crayola crayons for Christmas) make jewelry and just recently designed and sewed her first skirt without a pattern! She is taking advantage of all the art-related classed offered at her high School. Photography, drawing and ceramic classes fill her busy schedule.

I'm not ready to look ahead and imagine not seeing her sunny smile here in our home as she prepares to make plans for herself beyond high school. I'll just enjoy her age, take it one day at a time and stay in the moment. That's all a mother can do.

1 comment:

Cheryl Finley said...

Jessie is beautiful!...filled with light she is. and..yes Erin.. that's all a mom can do...be in the moment; and yes the time does seem to go by before we know it. ..and to trust what we've taught them, they will carry it with them and do really well. Plus, they know we're always here for them. And you know what...as Jessie gets older your relationship will become even rich than it already is. ( couldn't imagine that when a friend told me the same thing...but it's true!) Enjoy your riches Erin. You (and I) are blessed.
: ) Cheryl

P.S. -- My daughter turns 24 on 3/25 and I too am enjoying the riches of this beautiful, wise, creative, capable, witty, "no nonsense" soul who I am most proud because she is such a good person, a good "citzen of the planet."